Inventory Unit Detail
2013 Kawasaki KX™ 65
2013 Kawasaki KX 65
2013 Kawasaki® KX™ 65
When kids watch their favorite pro motocross rider tear around the nation’s tracks, they often dream of doing so themselves. Kawasaki®’s compact KX™ 65, with its powerful two-stroke engine, lightweight chassis, disc brakes and long travel suspension provides just the ammunition to help them make the grade as a young racer getting a first taste of competitive riding.
When kids watch their favorite pro motocross rider tear around the nation’s tracks, they often dream of doing so themselves. Kawasaki’s compact KX™65, with its powerful two-stroke engine, lightweight chassis, disc brakes and long travel suspension provides just the ammunition to help them make the grade as a young racer getting a first taste of competitive riding.
At A Glance…
• 64cc two-stroke engine with digital ignition offers ideal timing for better throttle response throughout the rev range
• An electrofusion-coated cylinder with advanced exhaust and transfer ports for increased power and performance at higher rpm
• Six-speed transmission offers positive action and rugged durability; hard chrome-finished shift fork ends resist wear
• High-tensile steel frame offers exceptional torsional rigidity for excellent handling with a reinforced down tube for increased strength and durability
• Uni-Trak® rear suspension offers progressively increasing spring and damping strength as the suspension compresses for a more controlled ride
• Front and rear disc brakes are light, powerful and resist fading
• Industry-leading amateur racing support through Team Green™
64cc Two-stroke Engine
• Digital ignition offers ideal timing for optimal throttle response throughout the rev range
• Ignition rotor features rare-earth magnets, making it smaller, lighter and more durable. Its low inertial moment improves low-rpm response
• High capacity ignition coil delivers a higher secondary voltage for a hotter spark, and the punchier response improves acceleration
• Connecting rod big-end bearing features a cage for added durability
• Primary gear is secured using a lock-nut to help reduce mechanical noise
• The oil seal of the left crankcase has a stopper for increased engine reliability
• Metafoam gaskets are used for the generator cover, water pump cover and water pump elbow for improved sealing
• Silver clutch and ignition covers resist the signs of boot rub to help keep the KX looking fresh, longer
• Advanced exhaust and transfer ports increase power and performance at higher rpm
• Bridge between exhaust ports is machined for increased reliability and resistance to wear and seizure
• Lightweight cylinder liner transfers heat efficiently for cooler running
• Large radiator provides more consistent engine temperatures, keeping power output strong throughout the moto
• Cooling system offers greater reliability and less engine wear
24mm Mikuni Carburetor
• Feeds a four-petal reed valve for excellent throttle response
• Allows the engine to produce more power and torque at all rpm
• Positive action and rugged durability
• Hard chrome-finished shift-fork ends resist wear
• Manual clutch mechanism mirrors larger KX models
• Clutch cover gasket made of metal-carbon composite material
High-tensile Steel Frame
• Exceptional torsional rigidity for excellent handling
• Reinforced downtube adds strength and durability
• Engine and chassis bolts feature rust-resistant coating
• Four-position rebound-damping adjustment accommodates different riding styles and terrain
Uni-Trak® Rear Suspension
• Rising-rate action allows a more controlled ride as the suspension compresses
• Four-way adjustable rebound damping offers a variety of settings for various track conditions
• External reservoir helps maintain consistent damping
• Rebuildable aluminum body
• Forged aluminum rocker arm reduces weight and improves durability
Front and Rear Disc Brakes
• Light and powerful
• Ergonomic front brake lever shape offers better feel
• Resist fading
• Require less lever pressure
Lightweight Aluminum Rims
• Black aluminum rims provide the same aggressive look as the rims on larger KX models
• Reduce unsprung weight for improved suspension action
Detachable Aluminum Silencer
• Silencer is removable, and packing is replaceable
• Oval shape mimics the styling of larger-displacement KX models
- Engine: Two-stroke single
- Displacement: 64.7cc
- Bore x Stroke: 44.5 x 41.6mm
- Cooling System: Liquid
- Carburetion: Mikuni VM24SS
- Induction: Four-petal reed valve
- Compression ratio: 8.4:1
- Ignition: Digital CDI
- Transmission: Six-speed
- Final drive: Chain
- Frame Type: Semi-double-cradle, high-tensile steel
- Rake/Trail: 27 degrees / 2.4 in.
- Front suspension / wheel travel: 33mm leading axle conventional fork with four-way rebound damping / 8.3 in.
- Rear suspension / wheel travel: Uni-Trak® single shock system with four-way rebound damping and fully adjustable spring preload / 9.4
- Front Tire Size: 60/100x14
- Rear Tire Size: 80/100x12
- Front brakes / rear brakes: Hydraulic disc / Disc
- Overall length: 62.6 in.
- Overall width: 29.9 in.
- Overall height: 37.6 in.
- Ground clearance: 12
- Seat height: 29.9 in.
- Curb weight: 132.2 lbs.
- Fuel capacity: 1.0 gal.
- Wheelbase: 44.1 in.
- Color Choices: Lime Green
- Engine Type
- Two-stroke single
- Bore and Stroke
- 44.5 x 41.6mm
- Compression Ratio
- Fuel System
- Mikuni VM24SS
- Digital CDI
- Front Suspension
- 33mm leading axle conventional fork with four-way rebound damping / 8.3 in. travel
- Front Brakes
- Hydraulic disc
- Front Tire
- Rear Suspension
- Uni-Trak® single shock system with four-way rebound damping and fully adjustable spring preload / 9.4 travel
- Rear Brakes
- Rear Tire
- Dry Weight
- Curb Weight: 132.2 lb.
- Fuel Capacity
- 1.0 gal.
- 44.1 in.
- Ground Clearance
- 12.0 in.
- Seat Height
- 29.9 in.
- 2.4 in.
- 27 deg.
- Final Drive
- Lime Green