Inventory Unit Detail
2013 Kawasaki KX™ 85
2013 Kawasaki KX 85
2013 Kawasaki KX™ 85
When the time comes for every budding motocross racer to decide that being a winner is why he or she races, then the next step is obvious. Throwing a leg over the KX™ 85 not only carries Kawasaki®’s motocross heritage with it, but speaks volumes about how serious the racer is about taking the checkered flag.
When the time comes for every budding motocross racer to decide that being a winner is why he or she races, then the next step is obvious. Throwing a leg over the KX™ 85 not only carries Kawasaki’s motocross heritage with it, but speaks volumes about how serious the racer is about taking the checkered flag.
At A Glance…
• Liquid-cooled, two-stroke, 84cc engine features a lightweight Electrofusion-coated cylinder that improves heat transfer while resisting abrasion and seizure
• Kawasaki Integrated Power-valve System varies exhaust port height for increased horsepower and produces a powerband with more low-end torque and mid-range, while retaining excellent top-end power
• Uni-Trak® rear suspension is fully adjustable for compression and rebound damping and spring preload
• Rigid 36mm inverted cartridge forks are 18-way adjustable and provide better steering response and control
• 28mm Keihin PWK carburetor is tuned for ideal fuel atomization, providing quicker throttle response and a smoother power delivery
• Six-speed transmission has chrome-finished shift fork ends to resist wear and seizing while bushings on the second, third and fourth gears on the output shaft increase durability
• Industry-leading amateur racer support through Team Green™
Liquid-cooled, Two-stroke, Single-Cylinder 84cc Engine
• Lightweight Electrofusion-coated cylinder improves heat transfer while resisting abrasion and seizure
• Intake and exhaust port bridges are machine-finished for reduced wear and improved reliability
• Liquid cooling means even-running temperatures and consistent power output
• Rotor comes with rare-earth magnets; the unitized piece is small, light and more efficient; low inertial moment improves low-rpm response
• Connecting rod big-end bearing has more rigid cage for improved durability
• Intake port shape and cylinder skirt allow cooling air into the crankcase chamber
• Primary gear is secured using a lock-nut to help reduce mechanical noise
• Metafoam gaskets for the generator and water pump covers improve sealing
Kawasaki Integrated Power Valve System (KIPS®)
• KIPS system varies exhaust-port height for increased horsepower and torque at all rpm
• Produces a broad powerband with more low-end torque and mid-range, while retaining excellent top-end power
• Breather in KIPS cover improves high-rpm and overrun performance
• Large right-side cutout improves airflow for increased power
• Reusable foam air filter
28mm Keihin PWK Carburetor
• Large crescent slide positions the needle closer to intake ports for ideal fuel atomization, providing quicker throttle response and a smoother power delivery
• Carburetor adjustable for various conditions
• Features large-diameter O-ring and groove on exhaust pipe for improved durability and easy installation
• Aluminum silencer is re-packable like larger KX models
• Thick-base clutch hub rides on needle bearings for smooth action
• Large, 119mm clutch plates add durability and control
• Clutch-release lever ratio is designed for light clutch lever action
• Clutch plate service cover simplifies maintenance and utilizes a metal-carbon composite gasket
• Positive shifting action and rugged durability
• Fifth and sixth gears ride on bushings for added reliability
• Shift forks are hard chrome-finished to resist wear and seizing
• Convenient oil-level window offers easy level checks
• Bushings on the second, third and fourth gears increase durability
High-tensile Steel Perimeter Frame
• Wide, steel footpegs offer added control and strength.
• Thick footpeg-mount brackets withstand today’s rigorous tracks
• Engine and chassis bolts feature rust-resistant coating
• Fuel tank design lowers center of gravity for improved handling
Uni-Trak® Rear Suspension
• Swingarm uses large cross-section beams for improved rigidity and control
• Cast-aluminum drive chain adjuster sections allow easy chain adjustments
• Shock is fully adjustable for compression and rebound damping and spring preload
36mm Inverted Cartridge Fork
• Inverted fork is rigid, providing better steering response and control
• Compression damping is 18-way adjustable
• Aluminum upper fork tubes measure 49.5mm in diameter for flex-free performance
• Front brake lever shape offers optimum feel
• Forged-aluminum rear brake pedal is strong, lightweight and features two seals at the pivot for smooth operation and increased durability
• Provide strong braking power with minimal effort
Lightweight Aluminum Rims
• Black-coated lightweight aluminum rims offer a factory look
• Rear hub features two bearings on the drive side for added durability
• Large rear-axle diameter for optimum rigidity
• Aggressive Kawasaki graphics complement the black frame and wheels
• Silver clutch and ignition covers resist the signs of boot rub to help keep the KX looking fresh, longer
- Engine: Two-stroke single with KIPS®
- Displacement: 84cc
- Bore x Stroke: 48.5 x 45.8mm
- Cooling System: Liquid
- Carburetion: Keihin PWK28
- Induction: Crankcase reed valve
- Compression ratio: 10.0:1 (low speed) – 9.2:1 (high speed)
- Ignition: Digital CDI
- Transmission: Six-speed
- Final drive: Chain
- Frame Type: High-tensile steel perimeter design with subframe member
- Rake/Trail: 27 degrees / 3.5 in.
- Front suspension / wheel travel: 36mm inverted telescopic cartridge fork with 18-way compression damping / 10.8 in.
- Rear suspension / wheel travel: Uni-Trak® single-shock system with 4-way compression and 16-way rebound damping, plus adjustable spring preload / 10.8 in.
- Front Tire Size: 70/100x17
- Rear Tire Size: 90/100x14
- Front brakes / rear brakes: Hydraulic disc / Disc
- Overall length: 71.7 in.
- Overall width: 28.9 in.
- Overall height: 41.5 in.
- Ground clearance: 13.4 in.
- Seat height: 33.1 in.
- Curb weight: 152.1 lbs.
- Fuel capacity: 1.5 gal.
- Wheelbase: 49.4 in.
- Color Choices: Lime Green
- Engine Type
- Two-stroke single with KIPS®
- Bore and Stroke
- 48.5 x 45.8mm
- Compression Ratio
- 10.0:1 (low speed) – 9.2:1 (high speed)
- Fuel System
- Keihin PWK28
- Digital CDI
- Front Suspension
- 36mm inverted telescopic cartridge fork with 18-way compression damping / 10.8 in. travel
- Front Brakes
- Hydraulic disc
- Front Tire
- Rear Suspension
- Uni-Trak® single-shock system with 4-way compression and 16-way rebound damping, plus adjustable spring preload / 10.8 in. travel
- Rear Brakes
- Rear Tire
- Dry Weight
- Curb Weight: 152.1 lb.
- Fuel Capacity
- 1.5 gal.
- 49.4 in.
- Ground Clearance
- 13.4 in.
- Seat Height
- 33.1 in.
- 3.5 in.
- 27 deg.
- Final Drive
- Lime Green